Thursday, April 5, 2012

[PL 211] Critical thinking superpowers

Following up on the last post about the Why? Radio podcast on critical thinking, in which Harvey Siegel says that critical thinking is epistemological, rather than purely logical, when I introduce students to critical thinking, I discuss with them the following argument:
  1. If knowledge is power, then critical thinking is superpower.
  2. Knowledge is power.
  3. Therefore, critical thinking is superpower.
What do you make of this argument? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is an academic blog about critical thinking, logic, and philosophy. So please refrain from making insulting, disparaging, and otherwise inappropriate comments. Also, if I publish your comment, that does not mean I agree with it. Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog.