This might make one doubt the trustworthiness of the senses as a source of knowledge about the world.
- If sense-perception is belief-laden, then some perceptions could be inaccurate just as some beliefs could be false.
- Sense-perception is belief-laden.
- (Therefore) Some perceptions could be inaccurate. [from (1) & (2)]
- If some perceptions could be inaccurate, then a method is needed to distinguish accurate from inaccurate perceptions just as a method is needed to distinguish true from false beliefs.
- (Therefore) A method is needed to distinguish accurate from inaccurate sense-perceptions. [from (3) & (4)]